Manly Salary Cap Scandal

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Manly Salary Cap Scandal

Postby storminghome » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Let's hope they lose their Premierships.

Also note two players named by Channel 7 tonite. One might now be playing for the Storm

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Re: Manly Salary Cap Scandal

Postby yourhero » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:22 pm

I will hold a candlelight vigil in hope of something coming of this... Would serve (most) of their fans right for their putrid behaviour following our own sc issue.

Storm Spirit
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby Storm Spirit » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:43 pm

As much as the pain of 2010 has been seared into me for life...I hope it is NOT true.

I need to believe that the NRL has learnt some hard earned lessons about professionalism.

I would love there to be no future salary cap scandals...and for Storm to get back he 2007 and 2009 premierships when it is proven that Gallop the *lima lima lima duck* turd lead a witch hunt unlawfully...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time

Danger D
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby Danger D » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:39 am

Storm Spirit wrote:As much as the pain of 2010 has been seared into me for life...I hope it is NOT true.

I need to believe that the NRL has learnt some hard earned lessons about professionalism.

I would love there to be no future salary cap scandals...

+1000 I've accepted the loss of our stripped premierships and I wouldn't want any other fan (even Manly ones for that matter) to go through what we had to. I still get paranoid when I read rumours of our club being involved with anything not above board.

LESStar58
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby LESStar58 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:28 pm

storminghome wrote:Let's hope they lose their Premierships.

Also note two players named by Channel 7 tonite. One might now be playing for the Storm

First of all, is there anything being reported about breaches between 2008 and 2011? If not, there's no point posing hypotheticals about premierships being stripped. I made peace with our situation a long time ago and while I wouldn't want any club to suffer how we suffered... any club who had breached and cops it will get zero sympathy out of me... especially Parramatta who, after 6 years of pissing and moaning, were found to have done the exact same thing we did.

Return to “Melbourne Storm”