Storm V Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm V Bulldogs

Postby glennb » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Just noticed there is no topic for tonight's game.

Storm Spirit
Monsoon
Monsoon

Re: Storm V Bulldogs

Postby Storm Spirit » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:58 pm

JBROM gone with badly broken thumb....looks like a long stint on the sidelines ....FAAAAARRRKKK
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time

TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Postby TC » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:58 pm

A few comments.
1. Jesse's thumb looked bad. With no Tahu that will be an issue.
2. Game changed when the ref started giving the dogs charity penalties.
3. Liking Rylie Jacks.
4. Great defence.
5. Even though he threw a pass (dear lord what's happening) I still wouldn't feed him. And punching Kasiano - what a dickhead.
The difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers is that mechanical engineers
design weapons, while civil engineers design targets.

Storm2016
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Postby Storm2016 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Good win considering where it was played against a team we hadn't beaten for ages and losing Bromwich early
I thought we would struggle to score into the wind and then worse when the rain came.
Great effort defensively.

Impressed with the games of suli Blair addo carr Finucane and McLean.
Thought Munster was quiet.
Jacks looked ok, especially early on.

Just hope jesse is not out for too long.

nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby nacho » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:02 pm

I was worried when JB went off as I am sure we all are but I am wrapped at how Jordy really stepped up. Last year I didnt see much of his former self in him... however he has found his mojo for sure! really enjoyed seeing him step up while JB is out.

Felise and Finucane had a blinder they were in everything!

JAC, I dont care if your attitude was rumoured to be poor or whatever, hes a spark we need and glad he's ours!

blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Postby blazza18 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Thought we really missed a chance to blow the game wide open with the Jacks kick Munster somehow dropped.
Good effort to hold on in the end. Lot of good scrambling defence but a ton of rubbish from the Dogs.
Both wingers were outstanding given the conditions.
The Bromwich injury the only real concerning thing coming out of the game I think.

Bullucked
Squall
Squall

Postby Bullucked » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:47 pm

TC wrote:A few comments.
3. Liking Rylie Jacks.
4. Great defence.
5. Even though he threw a pass (dear lord what's happening) I still wouldn't feed him. And punching Kasiano - what a dickhead.

Crowd, 8716 at a "spiritual home ground" on a friday night (albeit a little damp), think I'd call that a gathering. Suppose, the less people the less people to kick the town in on the way home. ;)

I see Munster is on report, anyone have an opinion?

Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby 1999 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Tough gritty win, carrying Tonumaipea on the bench and not using him even after losing JB early was just ridiculous, was impressed with Macca and Kaufusi, thought Munster had about his worst game in Purple. Addo Carr looks like a Koribete type who gives us some X factor, Chambers is a dumb dumb footballer sometimes. Defence was first class, not a whole lot more to write home about, 2 points in the bank and let's look forward to next week!! Thank god the footy is back!!

LESStar58
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby LESStar58 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:00 pm

I see shades of Nathan Blacklock in Addo-Carr with with running. His break that lead to Blair's try was a huge play and in the end it turned out to have a massive bearing on the result. MK5 goes to Super Rugby and we replace him with Josh? That is top shelf recruiting if ever I've seen it.

Vunivalu. Picking up where he left off last year. 24 tries from 22 games now, is it? I haven't seen a try scored like that since Inglis plucked it out of the air in the 2009 Grand Final! If he isn't in the Fijian squad for the World Cup then I'll give it away.

Cheyse Blair was an absolute rock in defense. Made the last ditch effort to deny William Hopoate with the line wide open. MASSIVE play. Spilt his lollies a few times but shut down numerous attacking raid.

Also, Gasnier picked up on this in the telecast; one more than one occassion the centre from the opposite side of the field to link up with the other centre. It led to a try assist from Chambers to put Blair over and later on Blair came to the other side and if Chambers passes to Suli he goes over.

Watch for more of that as part of Bellamy's game plan. You don't see it very often in the modern game.

mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Postby mystormboys » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:12 pm

Bullucked wrote:
TC wrote:A few comments.
3. Liking Rylie Jacks.
4. Great defence.

Crowd, 8716 at a "spiritual home ground" on a friday night (albeit a little damp), think I'd call that a gathering. Suppose, the less people the less people to kick the town in on the way home. ;)

I see Munster is on report, anyone have an opinion?

I think he probably will have to answer mainly because he wears purple. But besides that I think I heard correctly that it is only monetary punishment mind you I had my music up full blare cos I can't stand the commentary

Storm2016
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Postby Storm2016 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:19 pm

Yeah apparently a trip is only a fine now but I'll believe it when I see it

Just read a report that chambers faces a lengthy suspension. I know it was brain dead stupid but has he got anything to worry about with the judiciary?

Why an earth did he go with young as the utility on the bench. Surely if croft not ready then Curtis scott would of been a better option in that role. Love bellyache obviously but can't understand that decision.

RobbieRoss
Squall
Squall

Postby RobbieRoss » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:11 pm

So so proud of the lads. Doggies are always a tough matchup for us. Lots of issues - Jesse's injury, possible suspensions for Chambers and Blair ( Munster will be fine, according to the commentators) - BUT super super defence. Very impressed with JAC ( but he must learn to play the ball correctly - shades of NAS two years ago) . A well-earned two points !

riders of the storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Postby riders of the storm » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Jordan McLean was phenomenal. He's a destructive runner like Jesse Bromwich is and should be a priority re-signing.

Also loved the efforts of the backs in dreadful conditions - carried the ball out of trouble, defused kicks well and kept looking for work.

Ryley Jacks looked rough in some parts but his kick for the in-goal early in the game was sharp. He should retain the five-eighth jersey for a little while in my opinion.

Storm Spirit
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby Storm Spirit » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:44 pm

i like Jacks defence...shades of Finchy...I can see why Craig went with Jacks based on tonight's game
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time

LESStar58
Monsoon
Monsoon

Postby LESStar58 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Bullucked wrote:Crowd, 8716 at a "spiritual home ground" on a friday night (albeit a little damp), think I'd call that a gathering. Suppose, the less people the less people to kick the town in on the way home.

The 6pm Friday game is an absolute nonsense and a massive failure on behalf of the NRL. The game is bent over a barrell by News Ltd yet again at it is Greenburg and Grant who are facilitating it. Who is the idiot that agreed to it?

The NRL and the ARLC couldn't organise a gang bang in a cat house! Hopefully the NRL and Fox see the light and it is done away with in 2018 the same way that delayed Sunday footy was done away with on Nine (not that it matters given I won't watch the alleged "Home of Rugby League" since Vonnie jumped ship!

Return to “Melbourne Storm”